Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I don't think that means what you think it means

Meaning, traveling spouse.  Oh yes, we threw confetti and buried the bedraggled corpse of the trailing spouse, parades were had, but traveling spouse has something to say: she's not who we think she she is.

I don't know why I didn't make the connection between traveling with your spouse and a spouse who has a job that requires lots of travel. Do I need to change the name of my blog again? Or can we beat the other team!  Now that I'm looking at it, Secret Confessions of a Traveling Spouse sounds like an erotic journal of adultery on the road.  I'm sure that would get me better pageviews, but not exactly what I was going for when I created this blog.

Every once in a while, I do some googling to see if anyone can find me yet.  (The answer is no.)  I went through 20 pages of google results and found nothing leading directly to this site.  Fortunately, out there in the far un-optimized reaches, I did find a few blogs and some good resources and articles.  Feast your eyes!:

"My life as a trailing spouse" - Good narrative from women's perspective
CNN article about couples emphasizing husband's career
Male Trailing Spouse of Philharmonic performer -- sounds just terrible
Experience Project - I am a trailing spouse (lots of stories)
Trailing Geek (trailing husband) (blog roll has lots of similarity to mine) (trailing husband)

There were more, but mostly expat stuff or boring rehashed stuff about the negatives.  I'm still searching for someone like me.  So far A Mathematician's Wife is the closest, though she's not nearly as neurotic as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Registration isn't necessary, but please don't post as "anonymous".