Wednesday, February 16, 2011

New planet? Scientists debate whether or not to "friend" Tyche

[This post was supposed to be posted yesterday, but blogger was futzing. So I'm still in the 28 days of blogging race!]

I know this isn't a science blog, but I read about the possibility of a new planet beyond Neptune and the anthropomorphizing in the article made me chuckle. Words like "hiding" and "hidden" made it sound like a sneaky little planet, so I drew a masterful picture in MS Paint:

Tyche creeping on Neptune and Pluto

The article described it as "hiding in the Oort cloud", reading, but not commenting on Neptune's blog, and checking out Pluto's Facebook profile every few months to see if her Planet status has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Registration isn't necessary, but please don't post as "anonymous".