Wednesday, April 20, 2011

"Where the Red Delicious Rolls"


Back in the fall when I started sketching ideas for my little sculptures, the most complicated one was of a small hill topped with a pea trellis, and a little slope where the fallen peas were rolling.  At the bottom of the little path was a little cave going into the hill, with a soft light coming from it.  That's where the peas were going.  I made a lot of little mini pea-pods, with the peas about the size of the head on a glass pin.  I still haven't figured out how to make the trellises, or leaves that tiny.  What about an apple tree? I'm going to spend some time making prototypes before diving in, which will solve my problem of skillfully-made sculptures.  I've had modeling clay lying around forever, and I've had a ball working with it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Registration isn't necessary, but please don't post as "anonymous".