Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Hyperbole and a Half > A Christmas Story

A Christmas Story is my family's go-to holiday movie, and at 28, I'm pretty sick of it.  One year I read In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash by Jean Shepherd, which only made watching the movie worse (give him a try, stuff's pretty funny).  The best part about the movie is that my dad loves it, and it's good to see him laugh.  Usually when he laughs it is at the expense of someone else, which is hilarious when it's not me. We even got him a leg lamp a few years ago, which is ironically, stuck in a bedroom no one uses, away from the window.  You can get a leg lamp at leglamps.com.  I'm not kidding.


Not as funny at $99.99



Luckily, we don't watch It's a Wonderful Life or The Santa Claus.  We'll usually end up watching some horrible but entertaining action movie like Transformers.  I'm going to lobby heavily for The Day After Tomorrow which is my FAVORITE movie ever (tying close with Super Troopers).  I'm usually pretty Christmas'd out by the 20th, so Christmas Day is for sleeping, eating and watching stupid movies.   For your internetting pleasure, here's a scene from Super Troopers, with Jim Gaffigan (of Hot Pocket fame):




So, what am I getting at, other than just wasting time at work?  I have decided that Allie Brosh of Hyperbole and a Half needs a movie deal (or some money, whatever, she's awesome) to make a live-action version of her comic-story "The Year Kenny Loggins Ruined Christmas".  I want this to be our new family xmas movie, to supplant Ralphie and the Bumpuses' dogs.  This excellent installment tells the story of a young Brosh re-imagining the birth of Christ with the help of her drunken family, because the original story and typical play are plain boring.  


I'm not going to post any more than this, because I don't want to deprive you of the joy and weeping and gagging that I experienced reading this comic.  Hell, even my parents liked it, and they enjoy stuff like Everybody Loves Raymond*.
*And that is a story for another day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Registration isn't necessary, but please don't post as "anonymous".