Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Congratulations are in order

No, don't get excited-- not for me, at least.  A close friend of ours (who introduced us, incidentally) is finishing up grad school and just got a job in Chicago.  He and his soon-to-be spouse will be moving there in June or July, which should put us just about in the same boat right.  Except they know where their boat is going! I am so excited for them, and eager to snap up any advance knowledge on the moving process. I talked to him yesterday and said, "This will be your first adult move," and he agreed.  Though he moved to another part of the country for grad school, this is the first non-school, real-job event.  I'm nervous because I've never moved anywhere by myself except for undergrad, and I was only an hour away from my parents.

We're going up to Michigan for their wedding in March. Hopefully by that time we'll know what's going on.  Heck, I'm nervous about even buying plane tickets at this point.

His fiancee is absolutely awesome.  She's got skills out the wazoo, so I'm sure she's not freaking out like I am about uprooting herself.  She has a craft blog called Hands Occupied where you can see all the crafts fall neatly from her brain.  The friend himself trained to be a student DJ at our college radio station on the same day as me, so that's when we met. He's a huge music nerd and a great friend.  He used to make me the best dance mixes for my parties and was one of Justin's groomsmen.  I am very tempted to post a picture of his Eddie Mercury costume from the night Justin and I met (at a Halloween party, of course).  I am going to bawl at this wedding.

1 comment:

  1. AWWWWW! :D We're saving a bottle of good wine for when you guys get up here.

    ReplyDelete

Registration isn't necessary, but please don't post as "anonymous".