Thursday, August 5, 2010

Don't get excited!

I ran into an old classmate/friend/colleague on Saturday visiting town.  Putting two and two together, I realized she lived very close to NewTownX.  She was really enthusiastic about it, and it was good to know if we moved there, I would at least know one person.  But I know not to get too excited about it. The application hasn't even been sent in.

I am bugging him gently but not often.  Never accusing.  Using my super-supportive voice.  He's been doing more work lately, acting more like what I imagine a soon-to-finish PhD would act like. 

I won't say I have to hide my disappointment when I come home from work and he's napping on the couch. Believe it or not, I look forward to some time by myself to do my work.  It might not be academic, but I enjoy it, and I just can't get stuff done when he's around.  Why is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Registration isn't necessary, but please don't post as "anonymous".