Tuesday, March 11, 2014

New Support Group for Trailing Spouses - Sioux Falls, SD Edition

Though I don't blog on this site anymore, I would like to keep it open to others looking for resources. Any time you find a group (online or IRL) who is discussing these issues and lending support, please contact me and I'll put it up here.

Jaime (artist, mother, wife to an academic) recently made her first big move for her partner's career and founded a Facebook Group for working mother transplants in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Even if you aren't from that area (or a parent), you may still find common ground. Check it out: Sioux Falls Working Moms/Transplants Support Group. Remember-- men move for their spouses careers also, so please make sure you check this out despite the title's emphasis on mothers.

3 comments:

  1. Your blog has given me that thing which I never expect to get from all over the websites. Nice post guys! guest towels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! For the first time in my life, I am going to become a trailing spouse. I am gathering information, resources and advice before we go, especially around continuing my career! Would you all or any of your members be interested in lending your advice in my survey? Thank you in advance! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WGCC9YG

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Registration isn't necessary, but please don't post as "anonymous".